Sunday, October 18, 2009

TODAY'S PAINTING----SUNSHINE GIRL.


Sunshine Girl----Textured acrylic on stretched canvas---€250

I'm working at the moment with my figurative paintings. In the studio I'm trying to create a balance between the abstract and more physical forms; I really enjoy working at both and I feel at present to concentrate on larger pieces .Thank goodness the studio is providing me with much more space than I've had, so the sense of freedom to spread out and not worry about the mess is wonderful!
Freedom as a concept and actuality has become increasingly important to me.I look around to see an escalating bureaucracy that is trying to erode the individual right to choose, and I find this sinister.I have always held a deep belief in the unique value of each human being, and feel sure that we each have a duty to preserve this .
So I approach my painting and poetry in this free way.I hope they are a true expression of myself, my soul, my spirit. They are a celebration of all that I feel is beautiful in life, my perception of reality in a very simple way.
I always feel drawn to the sun as a source of energy, vitality, colour, vibrancy and the joy of living,---infact the source of all life. I just don't feel that I can die if the sun is shining! So 'Sunshine Girl' represents for me all of these aspects--- It's a happy painting, one that I hope will uplift and offer a sense of optimism and peace.

No matter how dark the night, somehow the sun rises and all shadows are chased away.
David Matthew.

For what is it to die but to stand in the sun and melt into he wind?
Kahlil Gibran.

1 comment:

  1. Have sent you a couple of photos I took. The sun in the sunset reminds me of your swirly sun paintings.

    ReplyDelete