Sunday, November 7, 2010

CHANGING SCENE-CHANGING MOOD.




 A few weeks ago the early morning walk was full of sunlight and blue skies,today the mood is a little more solemn. Not desolate, just tinged with a sadness that hangs softly in the air.


St Paul's Island looks a little lonely too.


No tables or chairs at Siren's Cafe.


And -oh dear! The rocks below our flat are taking on a damp, mossy,
soggy look. No more Summer crowds, noise, laughter;well I admit it, I did quite
often complain about them!

I'm not complaining now really. It's just that the change here in Malta is
 sudden and throws me off balance for a while and I do miss the changing colours
that you find in more variety in England, and the smell of Autumn.

There will still be blue skies here though, and many warm days I'm sure  until
January arrives. So I'm making the most of them with gratitude,
and deeply appreciating the fact that yesterday I was able to enjoy lunch on the terrace with a so relaxing glass of Maltese wine,-organic ofcourse!
 Maureen.







No comments:

Post a Comment