Thursday, May 5, 2011

A FUNNY THING-----

' The Wedding Feast'----oil pastels and acrylics on fine cotton.

A funny thing happened to me today,
it really did.
I woke as usual, dressed as usual,
looked at the clock as usual,
and saw that time was standing still.

I stepped outside to see the day breaking,
the sun shining.
and people  full of every colourful lightness and brightness.
They were floating around in this colour,
drenching themselves in it,
drenching each other in it,
looking like rainbows in a beautiful scene of light

And I was with them,
moving with them, dancing with them, feeling such joy,
they gave me such warmth, and love and peace;
a perfection that dazzled me,
showed me Heaven just for a moment.
A funny thing, ---but I think it really happened.
                                               Mo.

1 comment: