Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reality or nightmare?

From St Paul's Bay by-pass.

It's growing hot here and at times the little village can seem oppressive.Narrow streets, traffic chaos and plentiful fumes.---- Not inspiring!

To add to the discomfort, a frenzy of road works is happening daily beneath our flat.----Not just fumes but dust dust and more dust. No real supervision or coordination, no constructive effort to help with the obvious health concerns,no one assuming responsibility for the mess, no end in sight.-Appalling!

How to escape for a while?----Take the high road up to the bypass and spend a refreshing hour or so away from the Hell below. Believe it or not, pollution is much less invasive here , crazy as it seems people prefer to drive through the jam-packed scene below.

Oh that welcome fresh air! I actually feel liberated! I walk along relishing my new sense of freedom, breathing deeply, and pausing to look at the view below. Serene, tranquil, white houses fronting a sapphire sea.Who could dream of the close- up  actuality?

I stay there dreaming for a while.Maybe I could bring my tent up here.Maybe I'll take time off to enjoy a higher perspective. Maybe down below is part of an ugly nightmare and I will return  to find that this insane
moment has vanished, Who knows??
                           Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment