Wednesday, June 3, 2009

OASIS NEWS ---SUMMER 2009.









Palazzo Main Gate, ---- and Oasis Studio.






Yes --the Oasis News is on my 'blog', because I feel that this is where it should be! My blog spot is all about life and living and the Oasis vision lies at the very heart and centre of my life.

I studied Education:-B. Ed. Hons. London University, and for years I taught ,and worked in administration.


Increasingly though I have felt the need to follow ,as deeply as I can, a pattern of life that tries constantly to simplify, live freely and caringly in a balanced way:-enjoying all that is beautiful ,nurturing life, being simply creative, and as much as possible working harmoniously with the Spirit of life in a gentle rhythmic flow.--- Fromthis standpoint I feel more relaxed and able to respond more openly and peacefully to daily living and everyone I meet.

The creative, multi-dimensional approach to education that I offer really tries to promote this way of life as an opportunity for people to enjoy a simple , peaceful environment. Within the ambience of The O asis they can relax, feel secure,discuss constructively,enjoy meditation, and a social/leisure programme that develops in a fairly easy , spontaneous way. The emphasis is always on the positive ,with the belief that if people can move together with a truly altruistic attitude, then within this context only the good and positive will develop.
This format is based upon a vision that foresees a future development where people will live and work together in this truly motivated way, uplifting themselves and each other into a world of perfect happiness and peace. Certainly this is idealistic, but perhaps an altruistic idealism is the panacea that will lift the world out of its present jaded state in a final viable restoration.---My hopes lie with this vision.
My Art Website and my Blog:-

The little art studio came our way quite simply and unobtrusively! ---I see It quite clearly as a facet of The Oasis, a place with an ambience of peace.



It is a little room, tucked away in the grounds of the old Palazzo Pescatore, and although quite close to the main road, the first thing I noticed was the bird-song. The old Palazzo is no longer used and looks sadly rejected, but it has a certain atmosphere.



After much hard , loving work by Joe, the little studio is almost functioning, and we look forward to seeing it grow and and become like the flat--- a place of light and peace, a rest ful place for people to come to and enjoy!



Wishing everyone a good summer,



Maureen




P.S. We are posting the newsletter as usual, but if you do have a computer you may wish to see the colour. Also please let us know for future so that we can email the newsletter or you can read it on the blog,---It will save a lot of time and posting for us!















1 comment:

  1. Longing to come along and see it. As usual you have added your 'special touch' to it. Looks lovely, airy, peaceful and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete