Monday, June 29, 2009

OUR PRICKLY PEAR



Don't get me wrong I love theprickly pear,--- I find its primitive cheerful look quite comforting. It's my friend and I trust too its medicinal qualities,---for high cholesterol, diabetes, ---you name it. I like it so much that we have a couple on the terrace.


I'm afraid though they have a deceitful side, and can lull you into a false sense of security! ---So it was that the other day, looking casually over the terrace wall I was attacked by their small almost invisible hairy stickers. So invisible that you can't see them embedded----(in my stomach!)---Days later there are still a few there, even after squeezing and pinching and a few sessions with the tweezers!---- Now with one of my faithful efforts to think positively I'm convincing myself that their medicinal properties are actually doing me good.-------No,---don't say it!!


1 comment:

  1. They do say attach a raw onion to the area to help prise them out - same goes for sea urchin spikes too. The only thing is if you have delicate skin it may give you an irritation.

    ReplyDelete