Sunday, June 7, 2009

STUDIO PAINTINGS.



More about the Oasis Studio!--- I now have space to group and display my paintings, to offer them more openly to those interested in originals, and to feel that I am quite justified in making a mess! After all most painters are messy painters aren't they? --- or am I justifying myself too much?! Anyway it comforts me to think that way, and lets me feel more spontaneous and free.

Most of all though I'm hoping that it will grow into a place that others can enjoy too; ---a place of relaxation and peace, where those who visit can rest for a while away from the turmoil of day to day living,---not an escape more a means of inspiration and simple refreshment. ----My paintings are simple, and that's how I like to keep them, and If people enjoy them, that truly makes me happy!


What art offers is space---a certain breathing room for the spirit.


John Updike.

No comments:

Post a Comment