Sunday, July 12, 2009

HEALTHY LIVING.


I'm a firm believer in wholesome eating, keeping to a simple balanced diet, with food in as natural a state as possible.I'm certainly not a fanatic about this---I hope not anyway.

Recently when our friends Ruben and Cathy became enthusiastic about the wonder food wheat grass we joined in with gusto and over the month of june we grew trays of healthy stuff,--- bright ,flourishing and so good! I've always felt the importance of chlorophyll,--- one of the few details I remember from school biology classes ! Sad to say though july here has been really hot and our wheatgrass growing has been blighted. No longer that healthy looking green stuff but rather some sparse struggling blades---- and dare I say it, ---invaded by that dreaded mould!


Ofcourse we are positive thinkers, so we appreciate that it is time for a change for a while and so the latest juicing efforts are focused on just about any fruit and veg. we can lay hands on.--- Great practice and challenge for our little hand juicer, and it is entering into this challenge with spirit!


So I am not becoming a neurotic fanatical health 'nut', I'm approaching the situation in a relaxed, way I hope !---continuing to enjoy the present experience, and to keep true to my holistic outlook, believing that real well-being comes not only from the nourishment of food, but more from the peace of mind that comes from a relaxed body and mind working in true harmony with that Spirit of Life, the real source of all the nourishment!---- I must say though I look forward to those cooler wheat grass growing months !!



My own prescription for health is less paperwork and more running barefoot through the grass.

Leslie Grimutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment