Wednesday, July 29, 2009

THE MANDALA---AGAIN.



Today's painting---The Centre---acrylic---24x24 inches---€220


I do believe that symbols have a deep meaning in terms of Life and Reality, and somehow the mandala symbol seems to creep into my paintings very often. Not surprising really, as I know that I am very aware of each person's life as a very unique personal journey to find the Truth, and the mandala as that sacred circle leads in to the very centre of L ife and the very centre of oneself--- to find oneself in Reality. Here we are able to feel complete fullfilment, happiness and peace---the end of the journey!


I use the mandala in my paintings to offer a focus for people; one that is soothing, inspiring, hopefully even healing in a gentle way.They can use the painting for meditation or simple relaxation. Also the Oasis vision that is the centre of my life and living is all about a Way of Life that leads to that real Peace, so ofcourse I try to share this vision in a practical, helpful way.---the paintings are one such way.-----I've thought about working on a Mandala Collection soon,---It should be an interesting project!

No comments:

Post a Comment