Sunday, November 29, 2009

SLEEPY MORNING- TIME.


St. Paul's Bay-early morning.


We have just returned from the morning walk, It's a beautiful day, -the first day of Advent, and so a fitting time for The Oasis News for Winter.


The summer here was exhaustingly hot, and I think everyone suffered in varying degrees! Autumn has been erratic, but at the moment we are experiencing calm, rather mellow sunshine days, for me ,days of drinking in that fading, warm glow that helps me through the winter.


We continue to enjoy the Oasis Studio as a simple expansion of the Oasis Vision and Way of Life. It's lovely to enjoy the sense of freedom that the creativity of painting gives me, and it's lovely to be able to share moments with friends in a peaceful , sunny work -place. I think that Joe is enjoying working with the plants in the small outside setting ,-(good exercise too!)


Increasingly we try to simplify and to follow, as trustingly as we can The Oasis guidelines for living:- that simple, positive, balanced, loving , caring,happy, wholesome format that has been offered over the years.Despite the pressure, confusion, and pain that is so much a part of life at the moment, this really does give us a sense of peace.


Christmas will soon be upon us again, and I have to say that it's my favourite time. Somehow the wonder has never left me, and I feel it so deeply as a time of Hope! Don't we all need this hope to sustain us? The week leading up to Christmas we hope to be at the studio- mornings-10-00am-12-00. We will be delighted to see you , hear your news and enjoy a Christmas drink with you.


So may this Christmas be for you a time of deep Peace and Love, and may The Holy Family guide and protect us all in the New Year to follow.


Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment