Thursday, December 3, 2009

LITTLE WHITE FLOWER.-TODAY'S PAINTING.


Little White Flower---mixed media on cotton watercolour paper. (see website.)


Yes - it's Advent and we are trying to decorate the flat and the studio for Christmas. At this time I always envy those highly energetic, super-organised people who by now have presents wrapped, cards sent and of course a mouthwatering Christmas cake tucked away- all ready. I still love this time though,-I think it's the sense of hope and warmth that grows for me as Christmas draws nearer.Maybe it leans on childhood memories, maybe it's a deep longing for the world to re-capture its true identity as a place of beauty, love and light. Maybe I'm just a dreamer but I cling to this dream,-I need it!


For me it's the time of waiting, - waiting for the Christ Child to come again and turn the darkness to light, the pain , misery and confusion to laughter love and peace,---for everyone.


Today's Quote:

Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.

Don Quixote.

No comments:

Post a Comment