Tuesday, December 8, 2009

TODAY'S PAINTING----WINTER CHERRY.


Winter Cherry---mixed media on cotton paper with plain mount---see my website.




I love the winter cherry, it's cheery look brightens the colder months and I try always to make it part of the Christmas scene . Apparently it is also known as the Christmas cherry or the Jerusalem cherry and is native to Brazil. This year ours is small, but in Spring I'll try putting it outside and see what happens!


Earth's crammed with heaven,

and every common bush afire with God.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning.


I go to nature to be soothed and healed and have my senses put in order.

John Burrough.

1 comment:

  1. This pictue looks quite different from your normal ones - not quite sure why! I like it!

    Thanks for letting me know about the newsletter and I really MUST get down to the Studio!!

    ReplyDelete