Monday, August 9, 2010

A little peace for monday morning-------

How we all need peace! The word has so many levels of meaning,
from that deep inner peace that I feel is the subconscious desire of us
all, to the unselfish altruistic peace needed between nations,
as  the only way to bring life back into harmony and stability.

At The Oasis I try to offer an atmosphere of peace
that  hopefully lets people relax for a while,
draw out the positive creative aspects of life
and work practically in a caring  way to share
 these with others.

                                                   

I came across this lovely poem of Yeats which captures so
simply and beautifully his idea of peace. I remember learning
it years ago, loving its simplicity, and its evocative imagery
still haunts me. There's a wistfulness, a deep longing that
always moves me.

So too, the Irish in me relates to the song of the same title,
and both videos have such lovely pictures that  I couldn't resist them.
-A little peace for monday morning!
                                                        Mo.

                                                          

                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment