Sunday, April 17, 2011

Simple pleasures-----and birthdays.


I truly think I am happiest with the simple pleasures in life----yes, even on my birthday.
So last week I celebrated very simply and really enjoyed the day.

Joe and Ingrid arrived at the studio early and we all enjoyed coffee and biscuits as I enthused about the lovely Indian tunic they gave me.

Lunch was a simple home -cooked affair, but so relaxing, washed down with a glass or two of red wine and listening to-believe it or not ,-'The Shadows'!

A rest for a while, then off to Golden Bay for a leisurely walk,  finishing with a cappuccino at our favourite little kiosk cafe,and  gazing at the sea below.

Night time,----the time to settle down with a good D.V.D. thriller.

What more could I ask for on my birthday?
                                                                          Mo.

1 comment:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday Maureen. Happy you had such a lovely peaceful day. Happy Easter to you both.

    ReplyDelete