Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Today's Painting-----Under the Sea

                  Under the Sea-----36"x28"---acrylic on boxed canvas € 270

                                                      
Usually with the arrival of Spring and the changing light, I feel my spirits rise, and I
can never suppress the forceful urge to take up my paints again.

I love the colours of Spring, the newness, the freshness, the clarity.I feel that the renewed sense of life and energy needs to be translated onto canvas and so I paint as the mood and moment inspire me.

This painting I  feel captures some of the joyful Spring qualities that I love, hopefully there is a feeling of lightness, brightness and animation, with the textured background adding depth and dimension.The sea below us always inspires me at this time of year, especially on a South wind day when I gaze  into the clear depth, transported to that mysterious world of beauty.

It is offered here for sale, or from the studio, feel welcome to visit.----Mo
                                                                  












No comments:

Post a Comment