Saturday, April 25, 2009

TODAY'S PAINTING----SUNNY SIDE.



Today's Painting---Sunny Side. 24x24 inches.---acrylic on stretched canvas.



I'm used to teaching older children, but I always remember a five week teaching practice at college where I had a class of five year olds from a very rough area of London. these little ones needed so much affection and attention, and charged around most of the day like small human dynamos, leaving me in a state of physical and mental exhaustion well before home time. I remember too, though, how every afternoon they really loved resting their head on their desk and happily listening to the afternoon story. Up until then some unseen force seemed to drive them but they truly longed for this 'stillness'.


Me too!!---In this pressurised society, where everything seems to be geared to speed,I need that moment of stillness each day to try to find some kind of balance.Painting, meditating, reading, these suit me fine,---If I miss them I'm more of a mess than usual!



'Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing,of just going listening to all you can't hear, and not bothering.'


Pooh's Little Instruction Book.----inspired by A.A Milne.

No comments:

Post a Comment