Saturday, August 15, 2009

AMBER LIGHT MANDALA.


Amber Light---Mandala.---Textured acrylic on stretched canvas--12x12 inches---€100


Mandalas are all about a journey within,---a journey to the centre, so for me they provide this medium. I rarely start with any idea , I simply let the painting evolve, take shape and colouring, and let its meaning clarify as it develops.So it helps me to relax, feel inspired and often tells me a little more about myself in an easy way.


Amber is a warm mellow colour and the amber gem is the lightest and softest of gems.In Neolithic times this'gold of the North' was regarded as a sacred symbol of the sun.


So relaxing with this mandala offers a moment to bathe in amber's healing properties; a general protection that fights depression, attracts joy and helps to maintain stability and balance.
'Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.'
Thomas Merton.
The painting can be bought through the shopping cart facility on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment