Friday, September 18, 2009

TODAY'S PAINTING----THIS YEAR'S OLIVES.


This Year's Olives.---textured acrylic on canvas.---€100




I know it's nothing to shout about, but our two little olive trees in tubs deserve a bit of praise;---I think so anyway!---The terrace is open to the elements on three sides, and the plants have endured last winter's buffeting especially the Gregal ,with a really positive approach;---they have managed to produce more than fifty olives,---round , fat, juicy ones at that!




So how could I not try to capture this in a little painting? Ofcourse I wouldn't dream of trying to reflect their animation and lively spirit.----and now----on to the bottling and preserving programme,----I hope so anyway, ---they deserve that too!! Mini scale ofcourse!



A great book you might enjoy is 'Extra Virgin' by Annie Hawes. It's the adventure of two sisters who set up home among the Ligurian olive groves;---a funny, magical read.



When one of my plants dies I die a little inside.


Linda Solegato.



Only when the last tree has died and the last river poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we can't eat money.


Cree Indian Proverb.


No comments:

Post a Comment