Monday, March 30, 2009

DANCING.


Today's Painting-Joie de Vivre----Acrylic-oil pastel on stretched canvas---€220

see my website for Pay Pal facility--www.maureenhughes.artspan.com/


I love to dance! No one could call me a good dancer, it's simply some basic need that bubbles up inside me causing me to move in just the way I feel at that moment. I love to dance to music,but it's always in my own 'free style' as the mood and the rhythm take me.It's a part of my being so intrinsically 'me' that I can't imagine Life without this feeling.

There is so much I could say---but just let my painting and my poem say it!


Dancing.


Dancing is really my cup of tea!

It fills me with hope,

showing me that life

needn't drown in boredom.

It shows me too that every part of me

responds to movement, light,

and that deep sense of wonder in freedom.


When I dance I really see

the moon and stars so close

I feel that I am floating there

touching them, feeling them,

drinking them into me deeply,

with such intoxicating happiness

that this is where I wish to be.


So dance with me,---and let us simply

light up our life!


Today's Quotes:-


I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance---

Friedrich Nietzsche


Stifling an urge to dance is bad for your health---it rusts your spirit and your hips----

Adabella Radici.




2 comments:

  1. Some lovely 'lightness' on such a gloomy and dull day weatherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put your Youtube slideshow up onto your blog and also put it as a link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JG_vmkVwHI

    ReplyDelete