Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WILD AND WINDY!



Sea Breeze---Watercolour with mount--- 16x12inches---€100



I think I sang my Spring Song a little early because Winter has returned with a vengeance and the weather here has been wild, windy and very cold!

On our walk yesterday Olga our Russian friend,was swathed in 'woollies",

bemoaning the fact that she had never known such cold weather,---and she from Moscow!

Great news though for our windsurfing friends---(see 'Bunts Blog')---who meet the challenge happily- braving the elements to perform acrobatics above the crashing waves!

Not for me! Call it temperament, constitution, inhibition, or just plain FEAR,---( maybe a little of all of these)---my idea of bliss is strolling peacefully in a gentle breeze --relaxing on a balmy Summer evening,---floating in a glass-like sea, sunlit particles dancing on the surface, the depth below saturated with rainbow hues.---This is Peace!

Like the seasons though, we all have our innate rhythms and balances, unique in our differences, able to contribute to the amazingly colourful mosaic of Life, but often searching with difficulty to find our true milieu and the sense of fulfilment we know deep down that it will bring.

Anyway,---roll on those ---' lazy,hazy, crazy' days of Summer,---when ofcourse I'll be complaining about the HEAT!
Quote for today:-
The really nice breezes blow through my body and into my soul.
Astrid Alauda


1 comment:

  1. Obviously inspired by the rather breezy week we have had. If only we could have more weeks like that...............I'm being totally selfish here!

    ReplyDelete