Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Colour my world------.


I paint because I love to paint! I also love colour, it's so
much a part of my world that  my paintings tend to be vibrant with colour.
Sometimes my mood changes and I look at a painting
 and see the colour changing-so the painting above
becomes this:-


The 'Joie de Vivre ' girl is now the 'Sunshine Girl'and I'm happy
with her this way!

As the artist it is my prerogative to alter a painting  if I want
to, and when I do, that painting usually has a symbolic significance
for me. It becomes part of a developing experience, a transition,
and I'm always reluctant to let it go.

So recently, when a friend, who loves Sunshine Girl
wanted it for her daughter, she commissioned me to paint a picture
 in very similar style and colouring. I was happy to do
this, with her daughter in mind, and they both
are really happy with it.-Another Sunshine Girl
has been created.

I love painting in this relaxed way.
For me so much of the joy of  art
lies in the way it gives so much scope to the imagination,
and allows for fluidity, creativity,inspiration,
freedom, and a completely individual interpretation
on the part of the viewer.

Painting for me  has to be fun! Nothing too orthodox or confined,
rather a spirited animation that bubbles up
and I hope conveys itself
to those who take the paintings.
Only positive vibes!
 Mo.




No comments:

Post a Comment