Thursday, July 8, 2010

Taking a walk at sunrise-----


I haven't much time to spend on the blog this morning,
 but I just had to share this beautiful sunrise
seen on the way to the studio .

This hot humid weather means that if I am to
spend time painting  it has to be as early as possible.
So we rise early and get moving!

I am so grateful for this discovery of early morning.
In winter I so enjoyed the experience of a
pre-dawn walk, loving the atmosphere as the sky
turned gently to soft pinks,now it's the
splendour of a golden sun,radiating intense,
rich orange, and seeing this reflected in
the sea as we walk along.

Such richness I find breathtakingly beautiful
and I feel now that to miss it is to lose a gift of grace
so silently yet so grandly offered.


I have lived on this little island for years  ,
yet only in the last few months have I been
out regularly at sunrise. I realise more and more how
often I have let the wonder of nature slip
by almost unnoticed.
   Mo.



No comments:

Post a Comment