Thursday, July 29, 2010

'Summer Fields'--------and Sting's' Fields of Gold'

Summer Fields----a textured background with acrylics on stretched canvas.

This is how Summer Fields started. A simple painting,
 using a textured medium as a new approach. I enjoyed the feel
of working with  texture, and the finished painting seemed to have
more depth and interest.

In the studio I kept looking at it and feeling that I wanted
to add something. I liked the colouring and sense of space
but felt there was something missing.


And so Summer Fields becomes this!
I'm happier with it now I think.No longer a fairly empty space.
The background perhaps not as vibrant, but poppies always
seem to give an animation, a cheerfulness,and in spite
of their fragility, their vivid colour provides the vibrancy.
A haze of cornflowers has to belong with a summer field,
a delicately soft romanticism.

Yes----I'm happier with the painting now,
----I feel that it is more alive.
The painting is available.----28"x20" guide price €130

P.S. It reminds me a little of Sting's Fields of Gold.


Thank God for Summer .
Mo.


No comments:

Post a Comment