Friday, April 23, 2010

Crazy about Daisies!


Down at the studio---among the daisies. They are
here in profusion just now.
                                                                                      





Can't you see that I'm just crazy about daisies, they
seem to crop up spontaneously in so many of my paintings?

When they appear on the terrace or down at
the studio I feel a surge of joy, an immediate uplifting of spirits however low I may be feeling.

Place a huge bunch of them in a jug on the sitting
 room coffee table and no-one notices the dust in the corners; they bring such a sense of freshness and Spring.
                                                               



I love their uncomplicated simplicity.I love their
cheerful joyful attitude.They never try to compete
with their more exotic neighbours, they seem happy to be 
 just as they are.

Do people still make daisy chains? I remember
happy hours gathering them from nearby
fields, carefully stringing them together,
-making a necklace and bracelet, then  ofcourse
the sadness when they lost their freshness.


I

As I have said before, I'm happy that I'm 'Aries' and
daisies are my flower,----but incase this is all too simple,
diamond is my stone and fire my symbol.
 What contrast!

"IfI had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in
the Spring and stay that way later in the Fall.
I would go to more dances, ride more merry-go-rounds.
I would pick more daisies."-----Nadine Stair.
-----and me too!

'
                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment