Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Morning walk by moonlight------- a bit scary!!


I've been taking my morning walk alone this past week or so.
Still very dark, still energising, and still profoundly atmospheric,
---but with a difference. No company on these occasions,
and a sudden awareness that
I have FEAR.

The setting is still awe- inspiring,
but now with overtones of a silence that
magnifies the imagination.---Mine anyway.

It was rather windy yesterday
and as I passed the deserted quay-side
the sea hit the rocks, interrupting the stillness.
No-one in sight. the houses still asleep, shrouded in mystery.
 A heightened rustling of palms still majestic
by moonlight.
the old covered boats seem a little sinister,
the old deserted garden, not as picturesque
as usual.



I walk uphill, hitting a darker patch,
 quickening  my pace;
moving shadows,a cat leaps out,a thudding sound behind me
-----just my heart- beat!

I reach home----relief surging through me.
The cockerel is crowing, dawn is round the corner,
----I'm safe!

Maybe I've exaggerated a little
but there is basis truth here. I'm
facing FEAR.
Never an easy experience, but I'm convinced that
 it is one of value. A strengthening one, perhaps
an enlightening one, a time when
 one can know oneself a little better,
a time to trust.
Mo.

'Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile
initially scared me to death.'
Betty Bender.

'You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than you.'
Mary Manin Morrissey.



No comments:

Post a Comment