Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oh No!--- Another windy day!


I lie awake listening to the doors and windows beginning to rattle a little serruptitiously and I know that the wind is on the way again.Oh no--- we're in for another day of North Easterlies!
It's certainly not that I don't appreciate Nature and all its wonders, It's just that I feel far more comfortable
  when the sun shines on a bright, fresh still Spring morning. I suppose God can't please everyone all the time!
 I know that many of my friends revel in a windy day.---Bunty, for instance,---over there at http://buntsblog.blogspot.com/
just dreams of that North Easterly so that she can do a spot of windsurfing.As for me ,give me gentler breezes any day!

       I  haven't always been uncomfortable with the wind. Idon't remember disliking it as I grew up.I think it all stems from my experience when I began teaching. I absolutely hated Playground Duty on a very windy day.
Outside at play-time the youngsters seemed to tune in to the wild weather. Completely uncontrollable they would charge around  ignoring any attempts to bring about order, obviously feeling free---and back inside the classroom things grew worse! They couldn't sit still, they couldn't pay attention, they just wanted to be outside in that WIND! Who can blame them?
Anyway, the memory seems to have instilled itself deeply  into me,----that and the Full Moon, when things were even worse! So- roll on tomorrow,------maybe God will be on my side!----Sorry Bunty!
At least the washing will dry today!


Don't knock the weather, nine tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.----Kin Hubbard.

The really nice breezes blow through my body into my soul.----Astrid Alauda.










1 comment:

  1. The weather is going to get better as the week goes on. Will be a bit windy on Tuesday but that will be a Westerly so won't be coming straight into your sitting room door!
    Actually it was a dying wind today but the kiters had a great time - perfect for them. John was out there in full force. Will be putting some pics up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete