Saturday, May 22, 2010

Super-organised------I'm sorry, -not me!

How I would love to be one of those super-organised tidy people
the neat,smooth types, calm, unruffled, with never a room out
of place let alone a drawer. Oh no! Their drawers  and cupboards
 are ordered with meticulous, streamlined efficiency, colour co-ordinated, and sweetly fragranced too. Every room gleams, cushions are plumped, and
 each tasteful ornament is carefully placed-----and dusted!

I have to say that my untidiness hasn't quite sunk to the
level of the picture above, it's more of an occasional clutter
 that serruptitiously grows and suddenly closes in on me so to speak.
We have the computer in the bedroom, and I work here with
books and papers that seem to grow into accumulations
of unnecessary piles.It's only when they reach precarious heights
that I attack them with a vengeance, resolving as I do so
never to let this disorder enter my life again.As for the bookshelves
well, maybe my longstanding allergy to dust stems from a
deep seated subconscious aversion to the activity of dusting.

Anyway I will continue to try to reach better levels ;
on the other hand it may be wiser to approach the whole
theme with balance and caution,----I may end up with a worse
problem:-O.C.D.----obsessive compulsive disorder syndrome,
and I'm sure that would be worse.
Mo.

Messy Room by Shel Silverstein.

Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
His underwear is hanging on the lamp.
His raincoat is there in the overstuffed chair
And the chair is becoming quite mucky and damp.
His workbook is wedged in the window,
His sweater's been thrown on the floor.
His scarf and one ski are beneath the T.V.
And his pants have been carelessly hung on the door.
His books are all jammed in the closet,
His vest has been left in the hall.
A lizard named Ed is asleep in his bed.
And his smelly old sock has been stuck to the wall.
Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
Donald or Robert or Willie or-----
Huh? You say it's mine? Oh dear,
I knew it looked familiar!





.

No comments:

Post a Comment