Wednesday, February 10, 2010

-----CAN'T BUY ME LOVE!

Years ago I loved designing  flower pictures. They made unusual  gifts for friends  who always seemed delighted, and creating them gave me great pleasure too. Joe made a deep recessed frame for each design----an arrangement of dried roses, delphinium , daisies,pressed rose leaves and fern.They seemed to bring colour and joy!
   Suddenly though, the flower pictures' took off' as it were! We attended trade shows, and orders began to roll in .----Too many!!---Large department stores, company commissions, exports,----we were inundated, - as a business it was good news.The other side of the picture was that we became increasingly,tired, stressful, irritable, and although the pictures still looked good----for me they seemed to be losing their freshness. their uniqueness, -their soul. Worse still,- I felt that my own soul was being stifled! The joy of creating seemed to disappear, I was operating' a conveyor belt' system that seemed increasingly meaningless and devoid of simple happiness.
   So we changed direction! Maybe we were moved in a different direction--- but anyway I have never ever regretted this .I can  say this with absolute honesty. We may have moved away from the 'money scene' but  the simple joy of  feeling free to  be free is something I will always  treasure.
                                                                  Mo.

There is no money in poetry,but there is no poetry in money.---Robert Graves.

No comments:

Post a Comment