Sunday, February 14, 2010

TODAY'S PAINTING LIVEWIRE.-(ENERGY- AND DEEP DOWN THINGS.)

We had a visit from Martha yesterday at the studio- this is the first time she has seen it, and she immediately felt at home. She loved looking  at the new paintings, and I have to say her comments  certainly made me happy! She's an intuitive person who responds easily to atmosphere and 'vibes', -and she felt a strong energy flowing out of each piece.Each she felt had a unique individual quality, at the same time merging into the whole scene to provide colour, energy and a sense of peace.This was great to hear, because it's exactly how I wish my paintings to be.
 Much of my own creative energy goes into each piece: never a copy, I try to transmit this energy into the work,  so that it reflects in its own unique way  the  vision that I see, hoping that it will 'send out' all that is simple and positive .
   The Victorian  poet Gerard Manley Hopkins, with his bold innovative style was so aware of this essence of each individul form (inscape)- and also of the universal energy of being that holds all things together to create the whole-.(Instress)---How true! I really believe this is so.
We walked outside into the grounds of the old palazzo and Martha stood for a while gazing at the three very old palm trees. Like me she felt moved by an atmosphere steeped in history, mystery,  nostalgia and peace.-One of those lovely moments !
                                                                            Mo.

 There lives the dearest freshness deep down things.------
                                    Fom God's Grandeur.----Gerard Manley Hopkins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment