Thursday, February 4, 2010

MY SUNFLOWER PAINTINGS.

Acrylic painting on textured canvas-16"x16" and watercolour 16"x12"----see website for details.

 I love to use both acrylics  and watercolour according to how the mood takes me. The acrylic painting takes longer, I tend to use a textured base and then apply layers, sometimes  oil pastel to define. With the watercolours I often move into a more impressionistic style, one that I feel is more naturally me. I'm certainly not meticulous in style, I prefer to move spontaneously in a lighter way.When a painting begins to pressurise me, I feel that something isn't quite right . ---A lack of patience maybe? Something I should perhaps work on!  But really, I prefer to 'do my own thing' and paint as I want to paint.
I know though I'm just the same with daily living.Usually unorthodox, seeing my personal freedom and individuality as something to be deeply treasured ;If anything becomes  for me too exact or rigid or encroached on by bureacracy,I cry out for change ,spontaneity   variety and a sense of free space, otherwise I feel stifled. I'm a constant user of intuition and inspiration always seeking truth , peaceand real joie de vivre.----maybe a bit reckless at times, maybe a bit crazy,----but it seems to be how I am!
                                            Mo.

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best night  and day to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.
                                                e. e. cummings.

No comments:

Post a Comment