Thursday, February 11, 2010

MY CARNIVAL PAINTING-----CAPRICE.


TEXTURED ACRYLIC ON STRETCHED CANVAS-7"X10"---PRINTS IN VARIOUS SIZES;-SEE MY WEBSITE. http://www.maureenhughes.artspan.com/

It's moving into Carnival time here in Malta, and as is quite usual the weather is rainy and windy! Not at all daunted the children have their costumes ready; -all shapes styles and colours and ofcourse each one hoping  to win a prize.
I thought I would try to capture the carnival atmosphere with my painting,- the colour, the liveliness, the sense of fantasy and fun.----I hope It's sunny on saturday!
                                                            Mo.

I kind of like things slightly out of tune----like I'm in a carnival in a dream.----I do have a pretty good pitch recognition. I see colours for different key signatures.
                                           Christine Anderson. 

 Everything being a constant carnival there is no carnival left.----Victor Hugo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment