Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SPRING JUST ROUND THE CORNER.?

I certainly don't have green fingers like my Dad, but how I need flowers and plants around me, inside and outside! They are woven into my senses so deeply, that without them I feel jaded. After Christmas our little winter cherry began to look jaded too, but reluctant to discard it after it had given so much joy, I put it out of sight,-and hoped.
            This morning  I suddenly realised that it was shooting new growth!This sudden revelation of new life never fails to lift my spirits.Imperceptibly Spring creeps up on us, and then we are lifted into a gentle breath of sweet revitalised air, with a fragrance, a newness a freshness that intoxicates.
I'm not sure what to do now with the winter cherry; Malta weather is quite different from England. I may try it outside once the winds settle a bit,---- then we'll see!

My green thumbs came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plants point of view.----H. Fred Dale.

When one of my plants dies I die a little inside too.-----Linda Solegate.

3 comments:

  1. You might be interested to have a look at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmm-0-Rdxo8&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right click your mouse and drag it all the way along the web address. Then right click it and save and paste it onto the address bar at the top of the page. I will email it to you just in case you have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Link Within tip - it's really good. So happy that has been discovered - it's a great link to have - really enhances the blog.

    ReplyDelete