Monday, February 15, 2010

TODAY'S PAINTINGS -----MEDITATION TIME AND SOUL DANCE. .


I just  know that amidst all the hustle and bustle of daily life and living I need time to be still. Infact this is a deep need , otherwise I become disoriented and unhappy and life begins to make very little sense. For me a time for stillness and reflection  can be  anywhere I can find a little quiet and solitude. Not always easy, but I try to let it happen! Maybe listening to music, maybe sitting for a while in the sun, maybe keeping cosy and comfortable and opening my heart to a little meditation. I'm sure that this sillness has to be with the heart,-a loving openness that helps me connect with my soul and its connectedness to a loving Creator.
 Yes this is a mystery, if I try to use my rational consciousness to understand or explain this spiritual dimension, I become confused and agitated;if I open my heart, I find what I feel to be simplicity , peace and truth.
      I'm convinced though that each day this stillness has to be balanced by activity- the two work harmoniously.If I can use the energy I've gathered to move outwards into the day, again living with the heart, I honestly feel that I've achieved something a little worthwhile.I suppose I believe that prayer is there in the activity and the stillness, and If this is truly from the heart, then it has a power that can help , even in a small way, to make the world a happier place for everyone. 
                                                                                       Mo.

Today's Quote:
   Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when whatever the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees.-----Victor Hugo.

1 comment:

  1. I love the top painting - is that a new one?
    Also how did you do the links below ''You might also like'' - you seem to be getting much more advanced than me on your blog!! I have to start coming to you for advice!

    ReplyDelete