Monday, February 8, 2010

TODAY'S PAINTINGS AND LOOKING ON THE BRIGHT SIDE!

I worked really hard yesterday putting a 'Print on Demand' section on my website. It means that I can sell prints of my paintings at much more affordable prices than the originals and ofcourse this is really good. The problem lies with my horror at all things to do with figures, numbers, dimensions , and the technical side of things! I become inadequate and disgruntled. However it seems to be  taking shape fairly smoothly, with a few hiccups to be sorted out. If you are interested, the website is:-
             http://www.maureenhughes.artspan.com/
As for today, -I need a little lightness!--- It's strange but whenever I  need cheering, I usually turn to Latin American music;- that, or the Sixties  scene.Also from time to time these themes pop up in my paintings, and certainly the Mexican paintings are always popular.I feel it is so much to do with the association these have with colour, music,animation,energy,----a simple, happy picture of life! - Life as it should be!
                                                                        Mo.

            If you want to be happy,---be.
                                                Leo Tolstoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment