Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TODAY'S PAINTINGS- SEA BREEZE, UNDERWATER,-----AND THAT INNER EYE.

last week while putting up my Sea Scene photos, I was fascinated to see how much the  one above resembled my  paintings-'Sea Breeze' and 'Underwater.' Each of these paintings was created at a different time, much space between them and neither of them relying on observation of the sea when painted. Most of my paintings rely on a visual picture that emerges from the imagination and a feeling of inspiration.I realise though that so many come from deep within the subconscious and rise into the conscious mind  blending  with feelings, emotions, memory,associations etc.
    Sea Breeze is a watercolour from several years back,- Underwater is a textured acrylic painting  finished quite recently; both I feel have looked  with the 'inner eye'
to try to capture the mood, the emotion, even the essence of the theme if only in a   simple way, and ofcourse from my perspective.
                                                                     Mo.

I do not literally paint the table but the emotion it produces  upon me.- 
                                                                      Henry Matisse. 

The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inner significance.----Aristotle.

If you are interested in the paintings-see my website.---Prints are also available.
        http://www.maureenhughes.artspan.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment