Sunday, January 24, 2010

COLLAGE TIME AND HAPPY MEMORIES.



                                              FUN FLOWERS---COLLAGE- MIXED MEDIA. 8"X10"

  Whenever I start on a collage, I feel free! Call it frivolity, fantasy,flightiness, I don't know,- somehow my approach is never serious. I think part of this is because I'm immediately transported back through the years to the little Infants' classroom where I always waited eagerly for those art and craft afternoons;-fridays I think.How I loved them!The  place came alive with a hum of excitement and chatter.Then there were the smells:the plasticine,paste, wax crayons,poster paints. The colours and textures:- sugar paper, tracing paper, shiny coloured squares of sticky-backed paper,   golden cut-out stars and moons.All of this cocooned in a little world of innocence, safety, security, warmth,---where the imagination could soar.So today-----
                              COLLAGE TIME.
        -----a child again! Weaving worlds of magic, fields of dreams.
                                                                                          Mo.


                              

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a very marketable painting it looks like it could go well in a number of styles of homes and rooms.

    Nice work

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom ---I'm not into serious marketing but if anyone likes the collage work and is interested in buying,- feel free to Email.

    ReplyDelete