Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A TOUCH OF GOLD!--GOLD LEAF MANDALA PAINTING.



Mandala for Peace.---- Textured acrylic on stretched canvas-with gold leaf.-12"x12"

A good morning in the studio -I've been really enjoying experimenting with gold leaf. So fragile it's a little like burned paper turned to ash in texture, but I found it quite manageable and lovely to use.It's recommended that you use a cotton bud slightly dipped in vaseline to lift the protective cover, then after applying the gold leaf in sections on top of a tacky coat of adhesive, use a very soft sable brush to arrange it. I tend usually to 'do my own thing '  and in the end,  I found that I was using my fingers most of the time!
  Thoroughly enjoyable though, and I hope to use it in my selection of gift mandalas,-I'm working on these at the moment!
   All in all  a happy morning, with a touch of gold to brighten the day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I had a 'peep' at her site earlier after I was looking at your blog.
    Did I ever thank you for the candles at Christmas? I can't remember if I did or not. Apologise if not.....big thankyou anyway! Nice to bump into you today, I seem to have been away for everything for so long.

    ReplyDelete