Thursday, January 7, 2010

WINTER WARMTH.


Today's Painting --- Heart of the Flame ---acrylic on stretched canvas 12"x12"


How I hate taking down the Christmas decorations! For a while I really miss the glow, the colour, the whole ambience. The scene looks a bit bleak! I know I should be moving on into the new year with zest, but just for a few days it's always the same. So now I try to spice up the atmosphere with the colours and little touches that lift my spirits!--- Red and burnt orange come into play with paintings and cushions and the mellow glow of candles is vital. Even though we've had some lovely sunny days here, still those dark evenings need the warmth of candlelight to give a cosy feeling.;Light , colour and warmth for me are woven into my being and without themI just don't feel alive!

Maybe it's because I'm Aries, of the Fire sign and the colour red; whatever the reason , for the next few months I know I need to colour my world in this way.
P.S. I'm also working on some spicy meal ideas,(healthy ofcourse)---and some warming drinks for those cold days!
P.P.S.---How could I forget my meditation sessions,- they give warmth to heart and soul.
*****************
Better to light a candle than curse the dark.---Chinese Proverb.


No comments:

Post a Comment