Wednesday, January 27, 2010

COLOUR MY WORLD---IT'S GREEN TODAY!



We live in Malta, -a land of blue seas and sandy rock, beautiful in many ways,--- but how I miss the greens of the English countryside.I was brought up in 'leafy Warwickshire' and Joe,  in the hills and green dales of Yorkshire, so I suppose 'green' is deeply embedded in our soul.
  Really I need green!Green occupies more space in the spectrum visible to the human eye, and has the ability to soothe and relax both mentally and physically.It can offer a sense of renewal and harmony, a sense of peace.
          I find that my paintings are predominantly green. I don't feel that this is through a conscious decision, I think it flows out from a deeper,emotional, sub-conscious need that I have for this reflective calm.Certainly I love to paint with the whole spectrum---- how I love reds, purples and vibrant pinks,---- and different colours appeal at different times,---- but it's green that seems to draw me back to a feeling of newness, freshness and joy.----a real life giver I think!

           
     Green is the prime colour of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
           Pedro Calderon de la Barca.
         Spanish Poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment