Thursday, January 28, 2010

GO ON-----HAVE A GOOD LAUGH!


I know we were out early this morning and maybe just a bit bleary eyed, but we both read the message on the side of the car, and I took a picture to prove that we were seeing right. (Look closely at the writing!-click on image to enlarge)Thank goodness for  humour, I wouldn't have wanted to miss this one!----A  good start to the day don't you think?
   Although I'm grateful for my  own sense of humour, ---it has carried me through many difficult life situations,----at the same time it tends to be quite off-beat and quirky.Also I have to admit it, I'm a giggler, and this can land me and those with me in some embarrassing situations. Unfortunately the giggling urge usually begins at a fairly formal serious  occasion-(probably due to nerves.)often at an important period of poignant silence.-From the urge it develops into a build up of wild mirth which in my attempt to control --- sets my whole body shaking and trembling and then bursts out into a VERY loud choking guffaw!----Needless to say those near me move away,- not to be associated with the moment, and I am left to  suffer my mortification alone! Finally, I'm VERY ashamed to admit that this has happened(although rarely) on  quite sombre occasions: and I have come to the conclusion that the root cause of it all MUST  be nerves,---or emotion,--- or maybe some mild form of hysteria?!-----
                                                                                              Mo.
                                                               

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. e e cummings.

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing moving at different speeds.A sense of humour is just common sense dancing.----William James.
                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment